Sunday, April 26, 2009

Swap Bitty

This is a cautionary tale for other Hittymoms. Do not leave Bittys alone to make plans. They are small but mighty. This is my conversation with Swap Bitty this morning. She has been sleeping on my desk with Miss Jo while awaiting her new home.

"Mama, why do I have to go away? Don't you love me?"

"Of couse I love you sweetie, but you are a Swap Bitty. You must fulfill your destiny."

"What is a Swap Bitty, I thought that was my name?"

"It is, but it is not your true name. You won't know your true name until you meet your True Mama."

"Oh, can my sister Zita come with me?"

"No sweetie, but your teddybear will go with you to keep you company on the trip."

"Will it be a long trip?"

"Yes, it will seem long to you, for you are very small."

"What if I get hungry?"

"Zita will pack you a snack."

"Can I take my stuff?"

" Yes sweetie, you can take your stuff."

"All of it?"

"Just how much stuff are we talking about?"

Swap Bitty climbs down and walks across to a box that I thought was empty. She uncovers the box. It is almost full. "Zita helped me get it all together."

" I can see I will need a bigger packing box."

So, do not leave Bittys alone to plan a trip. You will not know what they have packed-or how big the box will need to be.

Valerie

2 comments:

  1. Valerie,
    I enjoyed this post.. Isn't it something how they do seem to convey their thoughts to us.. I have enjoyed working on this swap and can't wait to see everyones finshed Bitty..
    Swap Bitty here is all settled in and awaiting the day of her adventures to begin..
    Hugs, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - we know how shipping costs add up when those Hittys (big or bitty) get it into their heads that they have to have something and it must go with them. Well, it's too late for you now, but thanks for the warning. Happy

    ReplyDelete