Saturday, April 4, 2009

Do you believe in Magic?

I sure do! My baby sister, Bitty Zita, has been attached to me since her birthday, March 17, 2009.

For more than two weeks, she has slept with me every night in my little bedroom in my cradle.


It was bad enough when it was the two of us and my monkey, Bobbles. Then she added her doll, Ashley. A few days ago, she added her new Blankie Bear that Mama bought her.



It was just too crowded. But, everytime I asked her to sleep in her own bed, she just looked at me with those big green eyes of hers and I gave in. Last night, she declared for the first time that she was big enough to sleep alone. I was estactic, but I also wondered if it would last-or if I would wake up with her and her stuff on top of me again. So I asked, Why? Zita told me that her Blankie Bear was magic. That it would protect her from the dark so she could sleep in her own bed.


We set about finding just the right bed from the storage room of the Annex. We settled on a bunkbed. She slept in it last night as is and this morning, Mama made her new linens for it.



Now she has a bed at the top, and a play tent below where a teddy bear waits to play with her and Ashley. Zita is one happy little Bitty.

Hitty Aliza

No comments:

Post a Comment