Sunday, February 15, 2009

Navarro House is a Reality

February 8, 2009
It has been weeks since I updated my blog and for that I apologize. After the quiet of the home of my carve family, I had no idea how hectic it would be in a new home of my own and setting up housekeeping. The good news is that Navarro House is a reality. Hitty Gabi, Ashley and I moved in yesterday. We still have a lot of work to do, but our furniture is in place for now. Last night, we got the floor laid in the bedroom and the wallpaper up.

Last week was a hard week for our Mama. A friend of hers died in a traffic accident Monday night and Tuesday morning she was in a minor accident. I was safe in my crocheted bag in her purse, but she was banged up and stayed home from school, Wednesday to Friday, to recover. Gabi and I tried to take care of her, but I fear our only help was to keep her spirits up. Her smallest coffee or tea cup was too much for us to handle. Saturday was the first day she woke up relatively pain free. Gabi and I were quite relieved that she felt better. She was very busy helping us move into Navarro House once it got built. Our kitchen appliances arrived just in time to be installed in our new kitchen.

So much has happened since January 21st when I last wrote that I am having difficulty putting it all in order. Let’s see…
Mama has decided to renumber her dresses for the 100 dress count and only count Hitty dresses. She has completed 21 Hitty dresses-20 for Gabi and I and one for our friend Hitty Starfire. She is planning more dresses for our friends, but says I can’t mention their names because they are to be surprises.
We have received PIFs and Swaps since I last wrote. Mama did decide to make a new doll for the dolly swap-so I have a new doll.

February 15, 2009

Another week has passed and still I have not updated the blog. Our friend Hitty Starfire has a new sister, Hitty Busby, who was carved by their Mama. She is a very talented Hittymom. Our mama does many things, but hasn’t tried carving yet.
We are up to 23 Hitty dresses completed. One of the dresses was for the traveling Round Robin and the other was my Valentines Day dress. Our living room at Navarro House has been painted, wallpapered and floored. We have new furniture and a fireplace coming for the house. Best of all, two new sisters will be here soon. Gabi and I are so excited. Yasu, peaceful in Japanese, and Adsila, blossom in Cherokee, should be here this week. We are very busy today making new nightgowns for everyone. It will soon be too warm for the flannel nightgowns that we have so Mama bought new fabric for nightgowns. I helped her pick it out at Joann’s and some fabric for kimonos for Yasu. Mama was worn out from her first week back at school, so we didn’t get much done yesterday. Today, I was late getting up because Mama didn’t feel well.
Well, I am still in my nightgown and have things to take care up. I hope to be posting again later this week.
Wishing you all a wonderful week,
Hitty Aliza

No comments:

Post a Comment