
Hello! I am Hitty Aliza. I arrived home yesterday and have set about putting our Hitty household in order. I am a 6 ¼ inch wooden doll with pegged arms and legs like my illustrious ancestor. Unlike my ancestor Hitty, I am carved out of olive wood. (Fung and Bruce are the best! http://www.picturetrail.com/funghicks )My sister, Hitty Gabi, was most welcoming and together we have rearranged our bedroom flat while waiting for the rest of our abode. Mama has promised us a cabinet house so that her cat, Cordelia, won’t play with our things while we are gone to school with her each day. We have seen the walls for our bedroom and it seems that we will need an entire room of the cabinet for a closet. Our Mama is part of a 100 dress challenge. Gabi told me about it and Mama read us part of the book last night before we went to sleep. (Gabi and I have matching nightgowns-soon we will have matching dresses too!)
I think that Mama should only count Hitty dresses in her count toward 100. She would still have 14 done and our dresses need greater skill than larger dresses. (Especially since all of the original Navarro House girls have left or become display dolls.)
Mama’s email friends, Hittygirls, are playing a fun game. It is called PIF, Pay it Forward with wee gifties. Gabi and Mama had a lot of fun playing on Saturday and many of their friends will receive surprises this week in the mail. Gabi says that it was fun putting stamps and labels on the envelopes to be mailed. I can’t wait until next month when it is my turn to help. But, I will get to help mail the swaps. Swaps is another game they play. They make similar kinds of things or items on a theme and mail them to a partner. Mama is involved in three swaps at the moment. Her items are done for the afghan and apron swap. Gabi and I got her first tries for both swaps. Gabi got her first try at a tiny doll. The deadline has been extended for the doll swap. If she decides to do it over again, I will get a dolly too. I hope she does. I peeked in the envelope and the dolly really wants to stay with me.
Today, Gabi and I were in Mama’s class room. She wrapped us up snugly in little blankets and brocade travel bags so we could travel safely.
Gabi introduced me to all the mermaids and fairies that live in Mama’s classroom.
They are very nice and pretty, but I prefer being
a Hitty. They don’t get to travel with Mama everyday and have adventures. They seem to like watching the activity in her classroom. I even met Mama’s classroom dragon.
The only problem was that we had no where to sit. There was only one tuffet in her bag today and it was too small for us to share. So we made a makeshift seat out of her pencil bag, but it wasn’t very comfortable. 
Tomorrow we will be prepared.
Hitty Aliza
I think that Mama should only count Hitty dresses in her count toward 100. She would still have 14 done and our dresses need greater skill than larger dresses. (Especially since all of the original Navarro House girls have left or become display dolls.)Mama’s email friends, Hittygirls, are playing a fun game. It is called PIF, Pay it Forward with wee gifties. Gabi and Mama had a lot of fun playing on Saturday and many of their friends will receive surprises this week in the mail. Gabi says that it was fun putting stamps and labels on the envelopes to be mailed. I can’t wait until next month when it is my turn to help. But, I will get to help mail the swaps. Swaps is another game they play. They make similar kinds of things or items on a theme and mail them to a partner. Mama is involved in three swaps at the moment. Her items are done for the afghan and apron swap. Gabi and I got her first tries for both swaps. Gabi got her first try at a tiny doll. The deadline has been extended for the doll swap. If she decides to do it over again, I will get a dolly too. I hope she does. I peeked in the envelope and the dolly really wants to stay with me.
Today, Gabi and I were in Mama’s class room. She wrapped us up snugly in little blankets and brocade travel bags so we could travel safely.
Gabi introduced me to all the mermaids and fairies that live in Mama’s classroom.
They are very nice and pretty, but I prefer being
a Hitty. They don’t get to travel with Mama everyday and have adventures. They seem to like watching the activity in her classroom. I even met Mama’s classroom dragon.
The only problem was that we had no where to sit. There was only one tuffet in her bag today and it was too small for us to share. So we made a makeshift seat out of her pencil bag, but it wasn’t very comfortable. 
Tomorrow we will be prepared.
Hitty Aliza

Aliza, you chose a great family, there with Gabriella and Valerie. I'm sure you will enjoy it there. I'm one of the lucky recipients of their generosity last week. I, HittyG, have a lovely shawl and tuffet on which to sit while my Person pretends to cut fabric into something for all of us here in the Capital City to wear. Fat chance. It's a good thing I put my dress back on or I'd have been in my undies when the President showed up this week. Oh my. Poor Maggie was in her undies, but she put a dress on and got to stand beside him for a photo op. Whew. You are very lucky that Valerie already knows how to be a good Hitty mama - Hittys do need a great deal, and it's up to our People to provide for us properly. I know we'll be hearing more from you. Give your sister a squeeze for me - she's so squeezable, unlike some of us who are a bit stiff, almost wooden. :) HittyG (and Happy)
ReplyDelete