Monday, December 29, 2008

Shopping, Building and Quilting







Saturday, after we signed off, we went to the miniature shop, Through the Keyhole. There were a lot of beautiful things, but most of them were too small.







Valerie bought me a nice basket after purchasing paint for my house.


Our next stop was Sam Moon . There were many things to look at, but the "jewels" were the most fun. Unfortunately, Valerie was allergic to something in the store and we had to leave before I finished playing. We sat on a bench outside and I enjoyed the coziness of my new velvet pouch.
We stayed there till smokers came; Valerie is allergic to smoke too. I am glad that dolls don't have allergies.
When we got home, we continued reading Hitty Robertson's journal. After seeing her lovely home, I wanted more than a bedroom in a tray for myself. Valerie must have read my mind, for she started building furniture that evening and stained it the next afternoon. Now I have bedroom, livingroom and diningroom furniture. I am hopeful that I will soon have a house to keep it all in.


Strangely enough, 3 of the dolls living in the apartment have moved out. They seem to feel that I am too demanding and have too much stuff. Now, only Shideh remains and she won't hang any of her clothes in the closet. If the trend continues, Navarro House will end up being a Hitty house only. I am sorry they feel left out, but Hittys hold their companions to a higher standard than most dolls. I will be glad when Hitty Aliza arrives, Valerie shows me her picture everyday on the internet. I have learned a lot about Hitty families from Hitty Robertson. Although I have always known that I would not be an only Hitty, I wonder how many will eventually be in my Hitty family.

Today we went to Valerie's friend Jo's house to learn how to make a journal size self-portrait quilt. It was very interesting. I hope that we have learned enough about quilting to make a quilt for my bed. I spent my time examining all the parts so I would know what to do next time we make a quilt. The quilt is not yet finished, but she has made a good start on it.







After we left Jo's house, we stopped at Dollar Tree for sandpaper, brushes and clamps to work on my house tomorrow. I wanted to explore, but Valerie was afraid that if I got out of my pouch one of the small children wandering the store in droves would run away with me.
At Costco, there weren't as many children so I got to inspect some items up close. I had the opposite problem from the miniature store-everything here was too big!




I am not sure what this evening's plans are. We are both a bit tired after our outing. I think we will sew and read as we sip our tea this evening. I have my own little mug to drink out of and Valerie will move my sofa next to her armchair so we can read together. Oh, I almost forgot. I have a new kitten. Her name is Guinevere. She is solid white and fluffy. She looks a lot like Valerie's cat Cordelia, but she is much, much smaller. Cordelia and Guinevere sit with us when we read and sew. So far, Guinevere has not tried to take the thread, but I will keep a careful eye on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment