
12-26-08 Valerie and I have been very busy today. This morning she realized that although I have a coat, scarf Christmas dress and nightgown, the green dress I am wearing is the only non Christmas dress I own.
So, we have been sewing as we read blogs today. I have been helping to sew and together we have cut out 7 dresses today.We have also cut out a chemise for me and a very pretty petticoat in my favorite color, green. I didn't know it was my favorite until I admired my new green dress.
12-27-08
We got so busy reading Hitty Robertson's journal and sewing, that I forgot to finish telling you about Christmas. Oh, and I have a new dress.
I discovered so many things reading her journal and I only got to Chapter 40 last night. I now have a velvet travel bag, linens and a real mattress for my bed and best of all, today we are going to a miniatures shop. But first, I must tell you about Christmas day. Although Valerie and I did not go to bed until after 2:00 a.m., we were awakened at 7:00 by her son, Xander. No, he is not a little boy. He is 16 and over six feet tall. He seems very nice, but he is so large that he is a little intimidating.
(It just starting raining very hard. I hope we don't have to postpone our trip.)
The Navarro girls all got up and got dressed. Everyone insisted that we join the family in the living room. Imagine our surprise when they brought a huge box to us.
"What does it say?" It was to the Navarro Girls from Santa!
It took all of us to open it, but we finally did!


A new house!
We also surprised Valerie with a special gift.

Now she has a copy of The Hundred Dresses of her very own. We will be reading it as soon as we finish Hitty Her First Hundred Years. (We just read where Hitty was washed overboard from the burning ship.)
Around noon, friends came to spend the day and I made my first non-Navarro doll friend Becca. Becca was Valerie's present to her friend Meagan.
Valerie let Meagan pick out the fabric for the dress and a coat and sent Becca on her way with a tuffet to sit on and a carry box. I know she will find it very convenient to have a portable seat when she is waiting for Meagan. Everyone had a wonderful time talking, laughing and visiting.I don't think anyone could have asked for a better Christmas,
Hitty Gabriella

No comments:
Post a Comment