
Then I walk to the keyboard and have so much to say that it all comes out gobbledygook and I have to delete it all because it doesn't make any sense. After two tries yesterday, I was exhausted from hopping around the keys and had to rest for a while. I think my ancestor Hitty had it easier when she wrote Hitty the First Hundred Years. She could at least get a quill that was her size to write with. I have great hopes for the minicomputer that we are getting next year. I like the IPAQ pocket computer keyboard, but it isn't able to reach the internet.(It is a very old model.) Monday, Valerie and I went to a mall with her family. I got to go to Build a Bear Workshop and ride on a carousel horse. (http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/21227887)
In the evening, we went to a Fiber Arts Guild meeting. I sat on my tuffet next to her sewing box and was much admired. More than one person tried to get her to put me in the auction, but she refused. Unfortunately, Valerie was so busy giggling with her friend Mayra, that she took no pictures. I gave her a stern talking to, but forgave her when I saw the lovely nightgown she made for me at the meeting.
Yesterday, I went with her to get her locks tightened. While we were there, I helped sew my new green dress. It isn't finished yet. Valerie had to make me an extra set of bloomers. I soiled mine when I tried to black my own boots. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
I live in a tray apartment with the other Navarro House Girls. It is cramped, but I do have my own four poster bed. I am using a very pretty holiday fingertip towel as my mattress and blanket until Valerie has more time. She thought I needed clothes to go on adventures more than a mattress to start. I suppose she is right and the towel is very warm and comfortable. I just want to be able to make my own bed. Shideh and I are the only ones who have their own beds. Varda and the twins share a king-size bed. We have two chairs and enough footstools and tuffets that everyone has a seat-if we had enough floor space for them. Right now, everyone's clothing is packed in trunks. I even have a little trunk under my bed that holds my nightgown, coat and scarf. I hope to outgrow the tiny trunk very soon.
Valerie is participating in a 100 dresses challenge inspired by the book The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes. Hitty Dauphine, pictured below, told her about it. I must write her a thank you note. I plan on claiming quite a few dresses for myself.
We have added a slideshow of the dresses on the left.
Well, it is Christmas Eve and we have presents to wrap and stockings to hang.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas,
Hitty Gabriella, Shideh, Varda, Veena and Vera-The Navarro House Girls

Great job, Gabriella (and Valerie, of course). HittyG has a blog too, and it's fun. Check us out some time at http://ashdoll.wordpress.com/. Happy and Hitty Gracious
ReplyDelete