March 22, 2009
The Hittys are still abed early this Sunday morning. Rob is in the kitchen cooking breakfast-how I love that man! Today ends the best Spring Break ever. I have had so much fun and so much creative energy flowing.
I went to my first quilt show and was inspired by the beautiful work and learned how to improve my own tiny quilts. I finished my second charm quilt for the swap at Hittygirls. I have already decorated 4 dollhouse rooms and should finish the 5th today. I have carved 2 dolls and made 4 doll dresses.
I have spent time with my two dearest friends, Jo and Mayra. I have played with my husband and son. All in all,It has been a wonderful and fulfilling week. Best of all, I have reclaimed my workroom/studio. It is not clean and beautiful like Jo's studio, but I can get to all my work areas and have flooring down so that my chair will roll from place to place.
Reading Paperback Writer's blog helped inspire me. I really loved her essays about a space of one's own and young writers. I have cleared my desk and set up my computer on it. I have my notes together and my music and writing hat ready to go. Next week is Bookfest-a local writer's conference. I am planning to go and be inspired by other writers. I need to tell my Creative Writing class about it and see if I need to pick any of them up. It would be a good experience for them. I have writing to do.
I have so much to inspire me in all sorts of art. I love the feel of wood in my hands.
Valerie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment