Friday, March 20, 2009

A New Bitty Sister


Mama has been carving again, and you know what that means-a new sister. When I saw she was carving someone very small. I was very excited. A sweet, cute, little sister to play with and cuddle is who I was expecting. Instead, I got Bitty Zita. A Bitty is a pint-sized Hitty. She is about 4 inches tall. (4 1/4 inches she yells from across the room.) You see, that is one of the problems. Zita is little, cute and LOUD. Zita does not walk-she skips, jumps, runs and sometimes cartwheels. If she had fur and was a little smaller, I would think she was an EPM.(I just wish I had a plastic bubble to keep her in.)

Mama should have known that there was a problem when she told her name before she had her limbs attached. (In fact, she wanted to be strung before she even had her face painted.) She had to be bribed with a treat to sit still so her face could dry and another so her sealer could dry. It has only been three days and she has already scuffed the paint on her boots more than I have in 2 months. Even before she had a painted face, she rummaged through a chest of mermaid clothes and borrowed a shirt to wear. She wanted a picture taken, and then she climbed in my lap to demand a story. I read her The Three Little Pigs in the midst of her chatter and questions.

When it was time to go to bed, she wanted to sleep with me. So Zita, Bobbles and I have all been sleeping in my cradle in my bedroom on the nightstand. It is a snug fit, but at least she will go to sleep next to me. Zita was craved on St. Patrick's day, so she asked for green eyes. Her green eyes are her best feature and probably why she gets away with so much.

It is hard to believe that Zita has been with us such a short time. She is so much a part of the family already. Wednesday, Gabi, Dru and Adsila stayed in bed all day so they wouldn't have to try to keep Zita still while she was being finished. I read her a story while her face dried and then fled for the living room and my piano while the sealer dried.


I could sometimes hear her over the sound of the fan and my piano as she asked Mama, over and over and over again"Am I dry yet?"
While Zita was drying, Mama altered a mermaid skirt and blouse to fit Zita and started on a new dress for her to wear for a family portrait. It took her most of the day to make underwear and a dress for Zita. The first bodice she made, got torn while she was fitting it. Zita did a handstand in it and ripped out the sleeves. Mama gave up on a fitted bodice dress and made her a gathered blouse and a skirt.
Thursday, we had a family excursion. We had a playdate with Aunt Mayra and Cousin Yasu. Aunt Mayra hadn't met Drusilla yet and of course hadn't met Zita. We all piled into the basket and went to Dollar Tree.


While we were there, we found the perfect clothes chest for Zita.



Aunt Mayra and Yasu found furniture for her bedroom. Mama found pretty, fluffy yarn to make rugs for our bedrooms. After shopping, we took our lunch to a park. It was so pretty that we decided to do a family portrait.



Luckily, Zita was able to stay still long enough to take the picture. But afterwards, well see for yourself.




Then we looked around and Zita was missing, we found her up a tree.

Mama had to go to the Chamber of Commerce to pick up tickets for Taste of Duncanville. This is what Zita did while we were waiting.



By the time we got to Costco, Gabi, Dru and Adsila were exhausted from chasing after Zita. So, Mama and I took her with us in the store. I guess they aren't cut out ot be travel dolls. When we got home, they all had strong cups of tea to help revive them while waiting for Gabi to cook dinner. Even if Gabi lets you sit in the kitchen, she doesn't let anyone help. She says cooking is her artform.

Zita and I went with Mama to Taste of Duncanville. There were a lot of people. When Mama sat down in the cafeteria, she took us out to look around. Zita was being very good while Mama was there to watch her, but when Mama left. Well I am ashamed to say it, but after all the running and chasing I was finally overwhelmed.



When Mama came back, I had fainted. At that point, Mama took over Zita until bedtime.


Early this morning, Mama got Zita up and dressed and has kept her with her all day, so I could get some rest. Not having Zita underfoot, has also given me time to blog today. I have enjoyed the relative peace, but I miss my little sister. Somehow she has already wormed her way into my heart.

Until later,
Hitty Aliza

1 comment: