Sunday, March 15, 2009

Finally getting caught up

I have so much to say I don't know where to start. Saturday morning, Mama got up early and finished working on Hitty Drusilla. She recarved her after she first finished her and Hitty Drusila looks much happier. Hitty Adsila and I greeted her while Hitty Gabi fixed us all something to eat.

Our boy got better and I got to meet Mama's friend Miss Shanna when she came to role play on Saturday. I didn't see the point. They moved little figures around on a map and talked about what they would do and then rolled dice. Mama and miss Shanna talked a lot. Mama told Miss Shanna about Hittygirls and showed off the website where she first saw me.

Sunday, we woke up late and missed church. Mama had forgotten to spring the clocks forward and to set the alarm. It was okay, because our boy needed to sleep and do homework for Monday. Sunday afternoon, Mama and I went to see one of her students in Beauty and the Beast. Mama forgot her camera for pictures after the show, but took a picture of me with the playbill.

Monday was very busy. Mama and I had to go back to school in the evening for Open House. Tuesday she took me to Church Council meeting, but I stayed in her purse. Wednesday evening, we were tired and stayed at home and read email. Thursday evening was Praise Dance; Yasu and I had a play date while Aunt Mayra danced and Mama sewed for a student. Mama would have danced, but she fell that morning and cut her knee. She didn't need stitches, but she did need a shot. Friday was a strange day at school, many students were missing. Mama was busy as soon as school was out. We went to the bank, and then to pick up Papa. After we dropped off Papa and our boy, Mama took me to Michaels. While we were there, I asked for a bedroom of my very own. Mama said yes, but I would have to help get it ready. When we got home, Mama found that an Embellishment dress had arrived from a Hittygirl. She spent the rest of the evening working on it.

Saturday morning, we went to the quilt show. Mama volunteered with Miss Jo to help with the demos. I checked out the audio equipment so I would be able to help later.












Mama's first purchase was my favorite. A pretty orange and green basket that I could ride in.



Before that I had to ride in the pocket of Mama's sweater.











After I checked the schedule carefully to know when we would be needed, Mama and I went to look at quilts.We took pictures of some of my favorites.




It was a long day and we were very tired when we left. I was so tired; I didn't wake up when we got to the restaurant for dinner. Maybe Mama will take me back to Dunstan's Steak House sometime.

Today we got up early and went to church. Once we got to our pew, Mama took me from her purse and placed me in the basket. Imagine my surprise when Mama's name was called and she picked up the basket and walked to the front of the church. She spoke of Miracles and Blessings and how I was a blessing in her life. She told them that I am made of strong Olive wood from the holy city of Bethlehem. She also told them that my name Aliza means joyful in Hebrew. Mama told the whole congregation about Hittys and Hittygirls and what I have come to mean in her life. I am to remind her everyday to take time for joy in her life. That is a very big resposiblity for a very small doll. But, I am a Hitty and following in the steps of my ancestor Hitty; I know that I am up to the task.


When we got home from church, I discovered that Mama had already done the big wall and ceiling of my new bedroom. I sat and admired it for a moment, then I changed clothes and got to work.


I put down flooring, and then wallpapered the left and right walls. Finally, I hung the roses that we got from Miss Gita in the Hitty Birthday Swap. I had told Mama that I wanted a flower garden for my bedroom, so she put some flowers in a vase for me.


Once the floor and wallpaper was done, Mama helped me put my bed in place. Then the really hard part. I had to choose my linen.









Finally, I chose and Mama made my linens, mattress and pillow for my new room.

I love my new bedroom.

Best regards,
Hitty Aliza






















































1 comment:

  1. I'm very proud of you for supporting your person so well that she even talked about you at her church. Have fun with your new home.

    Hitty Flo

    ReplyDelete