Thursday, December 2, 2010

Missing Shriara


dolls 104
Originally uploaded by richila9098
My favorite doll in all the world is off for a face-up and I am missing her. My Shriara Abha, my 27 cm modded Planet Doll Roseanne is away and I miss my travel doll.

The only dolly projects that hold my interest are working on the 1:6 Christmas scene. I am sewing Christmas stockings for the four PD Minis, my two obitsus, Girard (OD Tae), Bramblerose & Amina(Sleeping Elf Coco and Mina), Aliza (my artist Hitty), Zita (a Bitty Hitty I carved) and the Christmas doll (Lumelight Koit)who isn't here yet. I have six basic red stockings done and will add the white trim after they are all done. All are hand sewn. I have a wonderful tree for my dolls and just need to find lights. I have made a tree skirt; I am deciding if I want to embellish it.
I am still looking for tiny lights for my Christmas tree. I also and trying to figure out how to make stocking hanger for the mantel. I currently have them sticking with straight pins into a foam board wall. I am thinking of cutting foam board bases for the tiny snowmen I have and then sticking a pin in that foam board.

Except for missing Shriara, I am really enjoying the Advent season so far. Last night was the first Soup Supper at church for the season. I am happy to say that my crockpot of soup came back empty. At my husband's request, I made cheeseburger soup. It is easy and is usually a hit.

Recipe for Cheeseburger Soup

2 pounds lean ground beef
2 pound loaf of Velveeta
1 large sweet onion-like Vidalia
1 packet of instant mashed potatoes
Milk
olive oil

Mince the onion and set it aside.
Cube the Velveeta into 1 inch or smaller cubes, then melt
it in a microwave able bowl with the milk. Stir frequently.When melted pour into crockpot.
Warm skillet then add 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil, when hot add minced onions, cook until translucent, remove from pan and set aside. Add ground beef to the hot pan and break it up to brown. Once browned, add the onions back in stir together well and then add to crockpot. Stir mixture together well . Add Packet of potatoes to crockpot, add double the liquid required to make the potatoes. I usually add 1/2 milk and 1/2 water, but you can use all water or all milk according to your wishes. The milk makes it creamier. Cook it until it is hot all the way through.

This recipe freezes well for microwave warmup. That's why I usually make this big a batch even for home.

Wishing you a joyous Advent,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment