Via Flickr:
www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/challenge-mitts
This pattern is awesome! I made this pair in wool Monday and have started a pair in black cotton for Steampunk yesterday. Unfortunately, I have to resize the pattern a little for the cotton thread. The one mitt I made is too small for Z's hands and she has size 7 fingers compared to my 10's.
Today I am using a wonderfully soft heathered gray to make a pair of mitts for Rob. His hands get cold when typing and these are perfect for keeping your hands warm while letting your fingers work. In fact, I have been crocheting while wearing my mitts today.
To make my mitts, I went up to an H hook, for Rob's I went up to an I-hook. I went down too far on the cotton to a D hook. I will probably try it again with an E or F hook. I think this is my favorite mitt pattern ever-I know the thumb hole is the most comfortable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I am so in love with this pattern, and it's addictive as heck! I just made up a long, Christmas pair, for playing the harp in at an upcoming gig. Yours look gorgeous!!! Glad to meet someone else who loves this pattern! :)
ReplyDeleteWendy
(Miranda's companion - http://www.mirandawandering.com)