It finally dawned on me that if I am going to paint a plastic car-starting with paint for plastic models would be a good idea. So, I googled and found Model Masters and Testors. I will be using Model Masters because my local Hobby Lobby has all the colors I want and I prefer not to mix brands. I will be taking a picture this week for my before picture. Since, the finally product will dark green, I plan to use a gray primer. I will be using the spray auto lacquer in green for the exterior and tan fabric for the interior. They even have a color called silver chrome trim.
This is my inspiration picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is one sexy car! I'm using Krylon for Plastic spray paint for mine. I've had really good experience with it. You don't need a primer either but you do have to take it apart or meticulously tape it up to protect surfaces you don't want spray painted.
ReplyDelete