Monday, February 1, 2010

More about Nefertari

I was reading Jen's Companion Doll and liked her idea about introducing a doll per week. I don't have enough dolls for the entire year, but it is still a fun idea.


This is Nefertari. She is a Dark Tan Resin Soul Mei. She arrived July 20, 2009. Two other resin ball jointed dolls arrived before her, but she was the first to stay. She is the only doll that I have that was not purchased new. When I saw her on the Marketplace at DOA, I was entranced. She is still the loveliest doll I own. She is a definite redhead, but her hair color varies depending on her mood within the red spectrum.

Nefertari is a slim MSD (mini super dollfie)-in other words, she is about 16 inches tall and the size of Robert Tonner's Tyler Wentworth Doll. That makes it easy to find a lot of patterns to make her clothes. I love the beauty of her body sculpt as well as her face. Her body is long, slim and lightly muscled. She is fun to dress because everything looks good on her.


Gradually, I have been gathering accessories so that I can do photostories with Nefertari and Mstya, my MSD boy. Currently, they have a table and chairs, a chaise lounge that is Nefertari's bed , a bed for Mstya, a vanity trunk for Nefertari and a wooden chest for Mstya. They received food, a Boggle game and Uno cards for Christmas. Once Mstya has some more clothes, I will be ready to start more photostories.



This is an old picture, but I really like the way the two of them look together. They have both changed wigs and had their faces redone since this picture.
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment