Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New dolls new ideas

I got my first MSD last week. A Resin Soul Mei, her name is Nefertari. She is about 16 inches tall. I figured out a dress for her and started sewing. Her picture from the Marketplace on Den of Angels-an online abjd community- is above. Her face is really beautiful and I love the dark tan resin. The biggest difference between my MSD and my tinies is that I can find patterns for my Nefertari. I made her a strapless dress from a Tyler Wentworth free bodice I found on line and added leggings and shoes. Her black lace undies were my own creation. I have 5 patterns I purchased for her to make just about anything I want. She will have modern and historic clothing.
Here she is wearing her dress, leggings and shoes. She also has some other clothes, but she needs better shoes. She wants cowboy boots for her jeans and pumps for her summery dresses. She is settling in very well, despite having found a lost little gothic elf named Eirwen on the stoop when she arrived. She picked her up, brought her in and that was that. Miela is enjoying the company while she waits for her sisters to get here
Nefertari got her first piece of furniture today and they all settled in for a group picture.

I am discovering that ABJDs need friends and relatives even more than Hittys. Miela has 2 sisters on order, a little sister, Shirara, who may arrive this week and her older sister,Leila, who is still in the works in China. I have clothes ready and waiting for both dolls. Nefertari's little sister, Amara, may reach home before the first doll I ordered does. For Amara, I am using Venus Dodge's book The Doll's Dressmaker to draft patterns for an old fashioned girl. I have found lace-up boots and stockings for her and plan on pinafores and bloomers and other Victorian touches. It will be so much fun to make the Victorian Miss clothes for her.
My 100 dress challenge has changed my life. I am trying new things. I learned to knit a few weeks ago and will be taking a follow up course this weekend. I have become fearless when it comes to trying new arts and asking questions about them.
Life is good and every day is a blessing,
Valerie












No comments:

Post a Comment