Thursday, June 11, 2009

Stormy days

Today I am at the library. There is no electricity at my house. It cut off at 7:30 last night. It went out before we finished cooking dinner. We live in an all electric house. No lights, no stove, no hot water, no internet, until we escaped to the library this afternoon. We had to go buy a cup of coffee this morning so that I could feel human. I lit a lantern and moved curtains to have enough light to cut out doll clothes.

Apparently there was a microburst behind my house last night that took out a large tree, and burned it. It was raining so hard that the firedepartment let the rain put out the tree. It took down a lot of wires. A company was contracted to take down the tree so the electric company could work. They were not contracted to remove the tree. It is probably covering my labyrinth-I haven't looked. Miela is sitting next to me as I write. I am wearing my t-shirt and shorts, but no jacket camoflague-It is Miela's fault. I can't find her beautiful and refuse to recognize my own beauty. It is hard; I am used to always grabbing a jacket no matter the temperature.

I am rapidly approaching 100 dresses. I have 84 finished and 9 more cut out for Miela already. I love playing with the strapless dress pattern-she is so lovely in it. Each color, pattern and length brings out another facet of her personality. But I think the white silk is my favorite.
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment