Saturday, June 6, 2009

A-Kon & ABJDs

Right after posting about Yasmin, I joined Den of Angels-a BJD, ball jointed doll group. I found out immediately that Yasmin was not the type of dolls they were talking about. Although she is ball jointed doll, she is not made of resin nor does she have the Asian astetic they were looking for. I enjoyed changing Yasmin to my vision, so I started looking for a doll I could love. The first dolls I found were much too large for my taste. I love miniatures and needed a resin doll that would fit into the spaces I had already created. I didn't want a child doll and I wanted a doll with brown or at least tanned skin. I found resin I could live with and afford at Bobobie http://www.bobobie.com/ . The dolls weren't as mature as I wanted, but at least they weren't super skinny. I was looking around for a wig for the doll I planned to order when I read about tinybear's wigs at The Sleeping Elf Ltd. http://www.thesleepingelf.com/ . I found my doll there. She is a Sleeping Elf or Witley Elf Coco-a beautiful plus sized elf. I fell in love with this dear girl and set about special ordering my dream doll in dark tan with green eys and mahogany hair-She will arrive late July or early August. I started deisgning her room and ordering clothes. I lasted about a week before I wrote back to find out what she had in stock-I needed a doll now!!!! I ordered a light tan girl because I dreamed of a doll named Honey-my girl's name is Miela-it means sweet as honey. She arrived May 29-waiting for her was the longest 8 days of my life. We have been inseperable since she arrived. She went to A-kon with me and I attended my first doll panel and meet-up. I saw a lot of lovely dolls, but none were as beautiful to me as my Miela. Here she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment