Once I realized that there were ball-jointed wooden dolls, I had to have one. This would be a doll that I could alter to suit my vision. I chose a Madame Alexander Wendy Woodkin for my experiment. She is 8 inches tall with 11 points of articulation. I chose the doll with long dark brown straight hair and a silk dress. Once I go her home, I changed her clothes and took a picture. My friend Candace, who owns a doll clothing store on the web, made the beautiful outfit she is wearing. (
http://home.mindspring.com/~dbeau/id19.html)
Then, I took off her clothes and hair.
I couldn't stand the baby jowls or tilt of her nose, so I sanded and stripped her.
Next, I stained her a lovely, warm brown
Rob painted her a pretty face and I made a wig for her.
I added more hair later. I think I like the wilder look, but I am not sure. Her name is Yasmin.
.

Valerie
Wow, Valerie!
ReplyDeleteI love that you jumped in and did it! I agree...I like the wild hair look. Nice work!
:o)
Great job - I'm so proud! Next thing you know, I'll have you altering books!!
ReplyDelete