You all know that I teach. Today, we had our first graduation of the school year and the first graduation ever in our new building. It was so wonderful. I am so blessed to work here. You see, I teach students who are at risk of dropping out of school. We give them a different environment from the traditional high school We are a small school, less than 200 students. We know our children. Our mentor groups-homeroom-are extended family to us and watch out for each other. Two of my children graduated today-one from my mentor group and one who was adopted. Tears were shed. Sometimes my students are the first in their families to graduate from high school - often they are the first to even want to attend college. That's what we do here; we change the way our children look at the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


That is so beautiful and amazing and just plain wonderful. You are absolutely phenomenal to be able to help kids like that. I am honored to get to "know" you and read your blog. You rock!!!
ReplyDelete