Saturday, September 11, 2010

Introducing Leila

Getting a new doll on a day with bad associations is a bad thing. I only just realized today that one of the reasons she gave me so much trouble is that if she had come together on the 7th then she would always have been associated in my mind with that day. That would have been unacceptable. Instead Leila's "birthday" is the 8th of September, that is the day I redid her face, got the right wig to fit and put her in a makeshift dress.
This dress is actually a hand and wrist warmer. She doesn't fit in any of the doll clothes I own, so her wardrobe is going to be made from scratch. I like a retro look on her so I am planning to dress her in the style of the Gene Marshall doll.
In size, she is about the same as a Kitty Collier doll, i like the fact that Kitty Collier has a similar style to Gene, so the patterns I find for Kitty will have a similar style. Once I have gotten the feel for the size, I will probably get some Gene patterns to enlarge since there are lots more Gene patterns available than Kitty patterns.


I drafted a pattern for her first dress, but I will need patterns to get the details right for more tailored looks. Her fist real dress is black with white polka-dots. I am thinking that a lot of her wardrobe will be black and red.








But, for now she is satisfied with her first dress and ready for her closeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment