Monday, November 2, 2009

Nanowrimo

National Novel Writing Month has begun. I have collected my 2 year old notes and yesterday I wrote my first 1800 words of a novel. Then, I realized that I don't know where anything is in my town. I thought I drew a map when I created the town for my first novel, but if I did I can't find it. So this time I am drawing it in my novel notebook #2. I don't think I ever got past Main St. anyway. This time, I want to do the town and the surrounding area. In the years since I started, much better maps of the area have been developed. So last night, I printed a highway and topographical map to go into my novel note book.
I also need more people. I have 15 teenagers as part of the plot, but I haven't even picked out 15 surnames, let alone first names. I didn't give the main characters parents names until last night. I can see that I need a lot more notes if I expect to keep up my daily word count. So, today I am working on my background notes.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment