Thursday, October 22, 2009

Long, long ago....

I was only going to get one ball jointed doll. Before number 1 arrived, I was up to 5. Since then number 1 finally arrived and one has left to another home. So I currently have 5 dolls, 4 tinies and 1 MSD, my first boy doll, another MSD, is on order and should arrive in November. Three of my girls are doll house size, one is playscale-about barbie size, and the biggest is about 16 inches tall. I have 3 elves and two "human" dolls. All of my girls are different shades of tan.

This is my current companion doll, Shriara. She is smaller than Miela-about 5.5 inches tall. She is my little Victorian Miss and insisted on combinations, petticoat, stockings and lots of frou frou on her dresses. She also likes hats.
Amara is my pirate girl. I recently redid her faceup and wig-I like the ringlets, but I want black hair for her-so she has another transformation to go through.
Here she is in all her Pirate finery. I made her hat, skirt and coat. I ordered her cutlass and flintlock from the amazing Stevo. He makes 1/6 miniature cast metal weapons. Her marvelous boots are from Newline Miniatures. They make the most amazing real leather miniature boots and shoes.


This is Nefertari's new look. I have done her faceup myself, and added eyelashes. Her Renaissance gown is almost finished. She is very different from the jungle girl who first came to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment